PrivateX hackers group defaced ten government websites on Independence Day, in what they claim as a protest against provisions of a pending cyber security legislation. The websites, with mostly .gov.ph domains, are redirected here: The defaced are: The homepage of the Office of the Vice President, the Philippine Nuclear Research Institute of the Department of Science [...]
On April 8, 2012, a Philippine Navy surveillance aircraft monitored eight Chinese fishing vessels anchored inside the Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal. In the morning of 10 April 2012, BRP Gregorio del Pilar dispatched a boarding team to inspect the fishing vessels and collect evidence of their catch. The inspection team reported that large amounts of illegally collected corals, [...]
Do you remember these? These bring back childhood memories when I used to have “pen pals” and would send letters to friends and family who live far away.
I grew up with “The greatest Love of All” and had watched “The Bodyguard” over and over again. So it was a shock when I woke up this morning, and the news about Whitney Houston’s death flooded my timeline on Twitter. Her death was confirmed by her publicist Kristen Foster according to AP: Initial CNN report says that [...]
I admit. It didn’t blow me away. It didn’t rock my world. It didn’t shake me to the core. It didn’t wow me. When I first found out that the new slogan of the Department of Tourism was “It’s more fun in the Philippines”, I was NR – no reaction. I was disappointed that it [...]
Early Thursday morning, the Department of Transportation and Communication’s website opened with the photo of secretary Mar Roxas replaced with the hacker group’s logo. After a few seconds, visitors were presented with a popup message that read “#OpSecure”. When you click on the “OK” button, you’ll be redirected to the Pastehtml.com page which shows the following message: [...]
Smart put out a press release saying that smartphone and mobile broadband usage in their network is growing at an unprecedented pace. The report says that the usage of broadband via smartphones doubled this August from just February earlier this year! BlackBerry devices top the list of smartphones used to access mobile broadband with 44% share. [...]
- GMA News Online Twitter, Facebook accounts hacked May 29, 2011
- Yellow Boat of Hope April 9, 2011
- Techie Christmas Gift Ideas September 23, 2011
- iPad 2 Comes to the Philippines April 29, 2011
- I see Christmas! September 2, 2011
- Fight the rain! August 24, 2011
- DNA: Ay, sorry po. I don't follow the dramas shown on ...
- Mark Anthony santiago: Ahm ask ko LNG po Kung kelan ipapalabas ng gma7 an...
- DOTC Website Hacked! | DNA in Manila: [...] [...]...
- DNA: Thanks! Will check out the kiddies stuff ;)...
- AnneM: Great that you released this way back September! :...
- Eli Rio: Facebook records the date/time of all its entries....
Follow @DNAinManila on Twitter