We stayed in the city for this year’s Holy Week. It’s the only time of year (well, except when there’s a Pacquiao fight, but that’s for another post) that the streets are deserted. Problem I had was I didn’t really stock up much on groceries before Maudy Thursday when stores closed for the holidays. Plus, [...]
The world’s largest floating book fair is in town! Weeee! The 12,519-gross-ton steel-hulled Logos Hope arrived in Manila on Thursday. It will be docked at South Harbor’s Pier 15 to sell books and entertain visitors. Constructed in 1973, MV Logos Hope (first named Gustav Vasa) was originally built as a passenger car ferry sailing the North [...]
I admit. It didn’t blow me away. It didn’t rock my world. It didn’t shake me to the core. It didn’t wow me. When I first found out that the new slogan of the Department of Tourism was “It’s more fun in the Philippines”, I was NR – no reaction. I was disappointed that it [...]
The Philippines’ Department of Public Works and Highways took a major flak from the online community when they posted on their Facebook page a photo release where three of their top officials were shown assessing the damage of Manila Bay’s seawall after Typhoon Pering (International name: Nesat) hit the country last weekend. Unfortunately for them, [...]
“Planking” is an activity that involves lying face down in an unusual location – the stranger, the better. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game. Yesterday, during a nationwide transport strike, youth protesters engaged [...]
Good thing I needed to check the fees for my kids’ passport renewal, so I visited the US Embassy Manila’s website where I found that they’ve launched a visa blog: VISAtisified Voyager The official blog aims to provide relevant information to members of the public interested in learning about the Nonimmigrant and Immigrant visa processes. I [...]
- GMA News Online Twitter, Facebook accounts hacked May 29, 2011
- Yellow Boat of Hope April 9, 2011
- Techie Christmas Gift Ideas September 23, 2011
- iPad 2 Comes to the Philippines April 29, 2011
- I see Christmas! September 2, 2011
- Fight the rain! August 24, 2011
- DNA: Ay, sorry po. I don't follow the dramas shown on ...
- Mark Anthony santiago: Ahm ask ko LNG po Kung kelan ipapalabas ng gma7 an...
- DOTC Website Hacked! | DNA in Manila: [...] [...]...
- DNA: Thanks! Will check out the kiddies stuff ;)...
- AnneM: Great that you released this way back September! :...
- Eli Rio: Facebook records the date/time of all its entries....
Follow @DNAinManila on Twitter