I admit. It didn’t blow me away. It didn’t rock my world. It didn’t shake me to the core. It didn’t wow me. When I first found out that the new slogan of the Department of Tourism was “It’s more fun in the Philippines”, I was NR – no reaction. I was disappointed that it [...]
Archive | Thoughts & ViewsRSS feed for this section
I was getting ready for work when my 11-year-old son came into the room and said, “Mom, breaking news. Steve Jobs died.” My son knew that this was big news for me, not just as a new media journalist, but personally as well. He knew I love Apple products, and I greatly admire the passion, [...]
Before you react, or get any wicked ideas, let me make it clear: Sleep your way to the top – literally! That’s what Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post founder, said in her 4-minute TED Talk emphasizing the value of sleep. It is simple, yet, brilliant. A good night’s sleep — such a small and ordinary idea, yet [...]
The Philippines’ Department of Public Works and Highways took a major flak from the online community when they posted on their Facebook page a photo release where three of their top officials were shown assessing the damage of Manila Bay’s seawall after Typhoon Pering (International name: Nesat) hit the country last weekend. Unfortunately for them, [...]
“Planking” is an activity that involves lying face down in an unusual location – the stranger, the better. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game. Yesterday, during a nationwide transport strike, youth protesters engaged [...]
I posted a story on the Yellow Boat of Hope a few months ago. It was when the ‘swimming kids’ of Layag-layag, in Zamboanga first got their boat, Bagong Pag-asa (New Hope). Only five months had passed, the people behind the Zamboanga Funds for Little Kids are not only helping those in Zamboanga, but they’ve also [...]
Ten years ago, the world stood in shock watching the simultaneous terrorist attacks in America, the most notable was the collapse of the World trade Center. I remember. The world remembers. I don’t think it will ever be forgotten. This infographic revisits what happened and retraces the torturous path that brought us to the poignant [...]
- GMA News Online Twitter, Facebook accounts hacked May 29, 2011
- Yellow Boat of Hope April 9, 2011
- Techie Christmas Gift Ideas September 23, 2011
- iPad 2 Comes to the Philippines April 29, 2011
- I see Christmas! September 2, 2011
- Fight the rain! August 24, 2011
- DNA: Ay, sorry po. I don't follow the dramas shown on ...
- Mark Anthony santiago: Ahm ask ko LNG po Kung kelan ipapalabas ng gma7 an...
- DOTC Website Hacked! | DNA in Manila: [...] [...]...
- DNA: Thanks! Will check out the kiddies stuff ;)...
- AnneM: Great that you released this way back September! :...
- Eli Rio: Facebook records the date/time of all its entries....
Follow @DNAinManila on Twitter