The iconic BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphone family has just received a powerful update with the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones.
These new devices integrate brilliant, high resolution, capacitive touch screens, trackpads and full QWERTY keypads and are the thinnest BlackBerry smartphones yet.
It is RIM’s thinnest BlackBerry ever. I say it’s sexy!
The new Bold’s bezel is made of brushed stainless steel, packing an impressive 1.2GHz processor, and let’s you swipe, pinch and zoom with fluid Liquid Graphics™ on a touch screen.
It also has 768MB of RAM, with 8GB of internal storage for media and other data, the most RAM and built-in storage of any current BlackBerry. And the Bold 9900 also supports microSD memory cards up to 32GB.
RIM’s Bold 9900 is the first BlackBerry smartphone to run the upcoming BlackBerry 7 mobile OS, which packs a variety of cool new features and enhancements. Most notably, BlackBerry 7 packs a new voice-activated universal search feature and a speedier Webkit browser.
Here’s a quick look at some of the key specs for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones:
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130 g
- 2.8″ capacitive touch screen display – VGA (640×480), 287 PPI resolution
- Full, wide QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- NFC technology
- 5.0 MP camera with flash, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor• Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
Wireless Network support:
BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone: Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGEo
BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone: Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A, Dual-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
Not priced yet, and still no word when it’ll be launched in the Philippines. A good thing for me because I haven’t filled up my piggy bank yet! But I say I am already a fan.